Sarah & Charlotte Shenton's School for Ladies

This small school operated in Kidderminster for almost 40 years in the mid-19th century. In 1828 it inhabited premises in Arch Hill Square before moving first to 2 Hall Street (below) and then to 18 Church Street round the corner.

 

This story of a small Kidderminster school is greatly enhanced by the inclusion of letters written home to parents by two girls from Birmingham who were boarding pupils between 1840 and 1842. (Much of the information in the account is courtesy Laurence Shelley.)

Click this Link to view and/or download the account:   

The Shenton School








Community Web Kit provided free by BT