The Story of the Demise of the Wooden Police Traffic 'Pulpit' in 1945


Photograph from the Steve Cooke Collection Courtesy Kidderminster Past

Many will remember this 'pulpit' from which a policeman directed traffic flowing in High street, Vicar Street and the Bull ring. Less will recall its predecessor - the wooden pulpit that disappeared on VJ day 1945. This is the true story of what happened on that day as witnessed by Margaret Phelan.

If there exists a photograph of the original wooden 'Pulpit', it is being very elusive.


The Demise of the Wooden Pulpit








Community Web Kit provided free by BT